Job: Research Assistant (f/m/d) At The Institute for East European Studies
This project is co-directed by Prof. Dr. Andrea Gawrich (University of Gießen) and Prof. Dr. Alexander Libman and is funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG). The goal of the project is to study regional organization in Eurasia (Eurasian Economic Union, Commonwealth of Independent States, GUAM, Shanghai Cooperation Organization etc.) from the perspective of comparative regionalism. The project aims to investigate whether regional organizations should be perceived as independent actors or merely execute the foreign policy objectives of the most powerful state.
The successful applicant is expected to implement following tasks within the framework of the project:
- Systematization of the relevant literature and participation in the development of the conceptual research framework
- Empirical analysis and fieldwork related to the topic of the project
- Statistical analysis of datasets generated within the framework of the project
- Participation in academic publications on project results
The project allows the successful applicant to pursue PhD studies in Political Science at Freie Universität Berlin.
- A university degree (MA or equivalent) in a field relevant for the project (political science, economics etc.)
- Very good knowledge of Russian and English (knowledge of German is not required).
- Good knowledge of empirical methods of social science research and/or willingness to obtain this knowledge within the framework of the project
The Application should include the usual documents (CV, motivation letter, certificates), as well as a short summary of a research idea fitting the framework of the project (max. 3 pages) and should be sent with the reference code no later than May 31st, 2021 by email in PDF format (preferably as one document) to Mr. Prof. Dr. Alexander Libman: email@example.com.
For further information, please contact Mr. Prof. Dr. Alexander Libman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and visit the page with the full job description and requirements (like the reference code).